Contact Us Today! (949) 305-8642


What College Bound Children Need Before They Leave In Case of a Medical Emergency?

Posted by James Burns | Apr 01, 2021 | 0 Comments

Can you even imagine…?

Your son or daughter goes off to college, gets into a very serious car accident and is sent to the ER.

And when you call, frantically, to find out if he or she's okay...

Nurse: “How old is your son/daughter?”

You: “He/She just turned 18, he's/she's in college…”

Nurse: “You do not have the right to speak to the doctor about your son's/daughter's conditions.”

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐤𝐬. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝟏𝟎𝟎% 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭!

If you don't have the right legal documentation, and the child is unable to give authorization

themselves, then you're not privy to your adult child's information. Don't wait and find this out the hard way.

Avoid this scary situation by having your 18-year-old fill these out:

🔺 HIPAA authorization

🔺 Medical power of attorney

🔺 Durable power of attorney

Word to the wise? Take screenshots of these documents so they are readily available on your

Smartphone or have them propertly drafted and save the digital copies in a cloud locker

You can easily and affordable get these documents in place in 3 to 4 easy steps at Wills and Things –






About the Author

James Burns

Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Business and Real Estate Transactions, nutraceutical Law and franchising:


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment